Well, the wait is over if you have SmartList Builder registered in your system. At the below URL, you will find a download for 3 SmartList Builder Security Exports that you can import into your SmartList Builder install and use in SmartList. These setups will show you the Windows and Reports. Unfortunately, at this time, they don't show you the SmartLists, Modified Reports/Forms, etc, but we will keep working on adding to this list.
1. Role Task Assignment Security.xml - Shows you the security setup of your roles and tasks.
2. User Task Security.xml - Shows you the tasks that are assigned to your users based on the roles they are in.
3. User Security Setup.xml - Shows you all of the Windows and Reports that your users have access to.
Use this URL to download the MDGP_SLBSecurity Exports.zip to get all 3 of the SmartList Builder Exports.
Once you have the Setups downloaded, use these steps to get them imported into Microsoft Dynamics GP to use in SmartList.
1. Log into Microsoft Dynamics GP as a user that has access to SmartList Builder.
2. Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP - Tools - SmartList Builder - Import.
3. Use the folder button to Browse to the xml file you want to import.
4. Import the file and then you will have it to use in SmartList Builder.
To get the SmartList to return the names of the windows and reports, you need to build the data in the SY09400 table. Here are the steps to do that.
1. Make sure you have valid backups of your Dynamics and company SQL databases.
2. Get everyone out of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
3. Click Microsoft Dynamics GP , point to Maintenance , and then click Clear Data to open the Clear Data window.
4. On the Display menu, click Physical.
5. In the Series list, click System.
6. In the Tables pane, click the Security Resource Descriptions table, and then click Insert. 7. Click OK. 8. Click Yes.
9. In the Report Destination window, select the Screen check box, and then click OK to send the report to the screen. 10. Close the report.
My goal is to share my love and knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics software. If you want fluff-free stories about software with legs, you've come to the right place.
DynamicsTips.com is the place to get the latest news and technical tips on Microsoft Dynamics products, whether you're a developer or a user.